Getting new braces may be scary because it’s new and different, but with a few simple tips on how to care for your mouth given your change in dental health, the transformation should be easier. Braces, of course, are used to straighten crooked teeth, or to correct other dental issues such as an abnormal bite.
An abnormal bite could lead to other dental health issues, such as tooth decay or gum disease, tooth loss, jaw problems, tooth enamel wear or even affected speech or chewing. Thus, it’s important to take care of your teeth once you do have braces, for maximum dental health.
First thing, you have to watch what you eat. Aside from general good dental health, brushing several times daily, flossing and visiting the dentist regularly, there are certain foods you should avoid to ensure the best outcome with your braces.
Foods to Avoid:
* Popcorn, Corn nuts.
* Sugary foods, if you do eat sugar, drink water to flush the sugar off your teeth or brush them immediately.
* Sticky foods, such as chocolates.
* Hard foods and crunchy foods, such as nuts, chips.
* Chewing gum.
* Foods you have to bite into, like apples, carrots.
* Eating meat or chicken off the bone
* Avoid chewing on hard objects like pens, pencils, fingernails and ice.
And now, you have braces, you need to change your dental hygiene routine just a bit. Braces make your teeth hard to clean well, you have to brush after each and every meal, and flossing may be difficult. But if you don’t adjust your cleaning habits, you may suffer white spots called decalcification, other problems.
Dental Health Tips:
* Brush after every meal; make sure that you clean around the brackets of your braces well.
* That means brush your teeth two or three times a day.
* Brush a couple of teeth at once.
* Use a soft toothbrush, replace the brush every 3 months.
* Brush your teeth at a 45 degree angle
* See your dentist every 4-6 months.
Brush your teeth at least twice a day, for at least two minutes after every meal, an electric toothbrush is ideal for getting into the cracks of your teeth with your new braces. When you do brush your teeth, make sure you clean your teeth at the base of the gums, the insides and back of your teeth, as well as the brackets, making sure you get the spots under the wires. You should replace your toothbrush every three months, especially since braces have a tendency to wear down brushes.
The Entire team are very caring and helpful. It was a unique experience with the painless dental treatment. Thanks to the entire team.
I underwent Root canal treatment at Ameerpet Dental hospital. The entire procedure was pain free. Thank you.
I got Root Canal Treatment and Crowns at Ameerpet Dental. I am extremely happy that my entire treatment was painless.
I was scared of dental treatment earlier after here experience painless dental treatment. My opinion is changed. I am very happy with Ameerpet Dental Treatment.
My parents got dentures done at Ameerpet Dental. They are extremely happy with the treatment and services.
The Dental Specialists is one of the best dental hospitals in Hyderabad. Not just an highly experienced team of dentists, but also with world class infrastructure, in house dental pathology lab and serious experience in complicated dental treatements, world class dental treatement is the standard here.